You came here to get rich. You harvest metals and silicon for space construction. You mine He-3 for fusion power. You spend weeks alone, surveying tens of thousands of square miles. At the end of the month, you come to town, accounts flush with currency.
You came here to start over. You've done things you can't talk about to anyone. Things you aren't proud of. Up here, nobody gives a damn. You can keep yourself to yourself, as long as you don't piss anybody off.
You came here to live free. No government. No taxes. No prisons. No law at all. Or so they said.
You came here looking for something you couldn't find on Earth.
Good luck with that.
Full Moon is a roleplaying game about life on the lunar frontier. Sometime in the future, man has colonized the moon in search of minerals rare and valuable on Earth. Men and women come in search of their fortunes, and where the ambitious go, opportunists follow.
Full Moon is based on Fate, a set of rules that has been used in games ranging from contemporary urban fantasy (the Dresden Files RPG) to far-future hard science fiction (Diaspora). The system is built for games where the players have as much investment in telling the story as the GM does, and the rules reward players for their interest by giving them plenty of tools for influencing the game.
Still, many previous incarnations of Fate have been big, heavy books filled with pages of examples, rules, and details, but we wanted to avoid this with our game. In Full Moon, we hope to present a version of Fate that is slimmed down and easy to run from, without sacrificing what makes the system versatile and engaging.
Full Moon will be a complete game line, including the following products:
- Available Now! Stir Crazy, a quickstart adventure for Full Moon. Includes everything you need to play a night of Full Moon: the basics of the rules, including Skills, Aspects, Fate Points, and Conflicts; an adventure good for a few hours of play; NPCs; map; and pregenerated characters with room for player customization. ($2, PDF)
- The core rule book, a softcover trade paperback (6"x9"), that includes all the rules for characters, factions, and conflicts, as well as the default setting Full Moon. (Print; PDF)
- Blood Moon, an alternate setting where ancient vampires have come to the moon and run the UN-sponsored lunar colony through mind control and blood puppetry. Intrepid heroes who know of their danger must stand against the moon's undead masters. Includes rules for the supernatural powers of the vampiric antagonists (and possibly the heroes as well). (PDF)
- Hunter's Moon, an alternate setting where mankind has made a tentative peace with the natives of an alien moon, only to have both sides set upon by a mysterious force intent on rekindling the war. Includes rules for playing non-human characters. (PDF)
- Adventures that highlight what makes each of these settings unique. (PDF)